Ins, Out And Roundabouts Of Commercial Carpet Tiles
Commercial carpet tiles are a well known flooring solution that has been around for over 60 years known for exceptional performance. Most commonly used in schools, medical centers, offices and airports, carpet tiles are amazingly versatile and are available in a wide range of colours and styles. They are also known to bring many benefits to your business such as easy cleaning and maintenance, although like any other flooring solution, they have some disadvantages as well. Thus, if are considering commercial carpet tiles as a flooring solution for your commercial space, read on to learn about the advantages and disadvantages.
- Versatility – Commercial carpet tiles offer numerous design ideas and will enhance and add depth and texture to your space.
- Easy installation – Carpet tiles are way easier to install compared to the standard rolled carpet. Available in “DIY kits”, they come with instructions and measuring tiles instructions.
- Easy maintenance – Commercial carpet tiles do not require any padding and/or glue to be installed which makes them easy to remove for cleaning and replacement if some get damaged and/or stained.
- Great insulators and sound barriers – Commercial carpet tiles provide warmth and also reduce the noise levels of foot steps.
- Uneven look – The joins of commercial carpet tiles are easy to see if not properly installed. This is not the case with standard rolled carpet.
- Durability – Standard rolled carpet tends to be more durable than commercial carpet tiles. This is due to the fact that carpet tiles when exposed to high traffic areas, their edges tend to curl up which becomes noticeable with time.
- Mold, mildew and moisture – Although claimed to be mold, mildew and moisture proof, some commercial carpet tiles are not really resistant to all these factors. When exposed to humid conditions, some commercial carpet tiles can easy become mildewed and smelly. Also this can cause for some tiles to come out or have their edges rolled up.
On average, commercial carpet tiles are a great option as a commercial flooring solution. Not only are they considerably cheaper compared to standard rolled carpet, but also new technologies implemented are guaranteeing greater wear and tear resistance, which is one more reason to install commercial carpet tiles in your commercial space.