Sparkling Wine-Blueberry Popsicles To Toast The Beginning Of Summer
Have you started your countdown to summer yet? I certainly have. Yes I know spring has just started, but it’s never too early to search for new ways to cool down in hot summery days. And believe me, nothing can cool you off on a hot summer day like a sparkling wine popsicle. Mixed with your favourite fruit, these popsicles are so refreshing and delicious, perfect for the evening gatherings with friends.
But, who are we kidding? Who can wait for the summer to come? I surely can’t! So, why not try this tasty sparkling wine blueberry recipe and enjoy it with your friends right now? Let’s get started!
White Wine & Blueberry-Lemon Popsicles Recipe
Yield: 16 popsicles
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup lemon syrup
- 2 cups of sparkling white wine, chilled (the type of wine is optional)
- 16 plastic cups (100 ml)
- 16 cake pop sticks
- Combine 1 cup blueberries with the rest of ingredients in a blender and blend until blueberries are completely crushed. Add the remaining blueberries and pulse few times just to break the blueberries slightly (do not blend).
- In each plastic cup, pour ¼ cup of the sparkling wine mixture and put cups in the freezer for about 30 minutes. When half frozen, insert a cake pop stick in each cup and return to the freezer. Freeze until popsicles are completely frozen.
- Before serving, let the popsicles sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes to easily remove them from the plastic cups (be gentle when doing this).
- You can eat the popsicle as is or for a more stylish effect, serve each popsicle in a stemless red wine glass half-filled with the sparkling wine you used for making the popsicles.
Tip: Always use the sparkling wine of your preference. Sparkling wine Australia experts recommend to choose the bubbly not by the price, but by the taste. At the end, there is no guarantee that the $90 sparkling wine tastes better than the one that costs only $20 or less. But one thing is certain, always buy your wine from a reliable sparkling wine Australia online store. Now that we’ve got that covered, here’s one more bubbly cocktail recipe. A classic with a twist. I guarantee you’ll LOVE it.
Mimosa Ice Pops
- Sparkling wine
- Fruit mixed puree (strawberries, orange, blueberries, mango)
- Sugar (if needed)
- Individually blend fruits until finely pureed and set aside.
- Mix all together and add champagne or a sparkling wine of your choice slowly (around 2 cups). Blend really well and taste the mixture while blending, because you surely want to feel the fruit too, not only the champagne.
- Pour into ice pop molds, freeze for 30 minutes, insert the cake pop sticks into the molds and freeze until firm. For better results, it is better to freeze at least 24 hours.