There is no denying that a lot of Australians like to go fishing and why wouldn’t they? There are so many great spots including the northern estuaries, southern waters, and the inland waters. Did you know that a whopping 80 percent of the recreational catch is from out in the salt waters and the other 20 percent is from fresh water which includes all rivers, lakes, dams, and ponds.
Fishing Australia wide is something that so many Australians do. This would include about 3.5 million Australians fishing every year. This means big business and profits for anglers with consumers spending $650 million dollars alone on tackle. That’s another 2.5 billion dollars that Australians also spend on boats, vehicles, accommodation, travel, charters, and all other accessories. The reason we all know this sport to be so popular is because it’s one of the ways Australians love to relax and unwind; it usually got nothing to do with a need for catching fish for food or anything else.
Apart from being a source of food, fisheries resources are valued in other ways as well by the community. People love hearing how the environment and that different species are being maintained and fisheries resources are still strong. Australians no doubt love their country and the beautiful and bountiful oceans that surround it; they also like keeping it this way so most simply observe, relax, and enjoy everything this country has to offer. Fishing is a sport that so many of us enjoy and will no doubt continue to do well into the future.
December 25, 2018
If you were a child in the 80s or 90s, you either had some BMX bikes you prided yourself on or you dreamed of having them when watching the cool kids ride their own. As it happens, though, BMX is still popular as it used to be two decades ago, yet there is a great […]
December 24, 2018
With tactical equipment being so widely available nowadays, hunters have the chance to use high-grade hunting gear and equipment for their hunting trips, which has made this hobby that much more enjoyable. Take the tactical hunting backpack, for example. A military-grade piece of equipment that makes storing all of the necessary equipment convenient, thanks to […]
April 26, 2018
Every bicycle enthusiast needs to be prepared to deal with a flat tyre, or to top off their tyre to the optimum settings. Buying a bike pump for that purpose is something worth considering, but with the many different types of bicycle pumps available nowadays, how does one go about picking the right one? There […]
March 27, 2018
If you feel like you’ve outgrown your BMX beginner bike, and are considering getting a new one, then you might want to consider actually building your own BMX bike that will suit your specific riding style. This doesn’t mean you have to start from scratch, as you can use your first BMX as a donor […]
March 14, 2018
Today there is no shortage of equipment that can help improve your cycling experience and anyone who is serious about cycling, has to look into cycling jerseys. They are more than just your regular old jerseys, they are technical garments that use special made lightweight, sweat-wicking fabrics to keep you cool, dry, and comfortable while […]
August 15, 2017
One of the most essential pieces of equipment for every outdoor enthusiast is the knife. And as far as quality knives go, nobody manufactures better knives than the Swedes. Just like us Aussies, Swedes also have to survive through harsh conditions, except they have to deal with the cold instead of hellish heat. One Swedish […]
July 6, 2017
Underwater photography never ceases to amaze simply because it offers a glimpse into the magical realms of the turquoise ocean. As an underwater photographer, you do your best to capture a photo that reveals the beauty of the vivid marine life in all its glory. Taking photos underwater is without a doubt an experience like […]
March 22, 2017
The human body is a fascinating machine. From the brain, its primary control center, to the immune system, the human body is made up of many different and above all complex organs and organ systems that make sure it functions properly. As you may already know, the immune system consists of cells, tissues, and organs […]
March 20, 2017
Whenever someone mentions roller skating, I immediately imagine lots of people strolling along the sidewalks near the beach, dressed in striking-colored sports clothes and having the time of their life. But the best part of it is not just the fact that it’s a fun activity for the free-spirited, it’s the fact that besides being […]
March 10, 2017
Nutrition is the key to a healthy life and it goes a long way in lowering the risk of heart diseases and improving your overall health. Think of food as fuel. Nutrient-poor food (snacks included), is like fuel that runs hot and flames out quick. You’ll receive a quick jolt of energy followed by a […]